Program Manager, Ivory High Impact Initiative
Title: Program Manager, Ivory High Impact Initiative
Reports to: Director, Global Coordinator, Ivory High Impact Initiative
1.Coordinate and manage a fundraising pipeline under the High Impact Initiative:
• Act as focal point in the WWF Network for the fundraising elements of the Initiative
• In conjunction with the Director, mobilize the capacity of participating WWF Network Offices for the Initiative
• Support growth and management of major funders both within the network and external donors.
• Work with Communications staff to ensure external communications supports the funding needs of the Initiative.
• Coordinate across the network on key major donor, global corporate partnerships and relevant public sector partnerships.
• Report back to the HII Advisory Group on the fundraising elements of the Initiative
• Lead and manage tracking of the Fundraising Pipeline, and funding distribution.
• Prepare or ensure reports to donors based on network procedures and contractual obligations
• Ensure a high-quality standard for reports and proposals (of all types) to the donors and provide regular updates highlighting activities under the Initiative
2. Ensure the quality and impact of the funds raised to deliver the High Impact Initiative:
• Develop and implement fundraising strategy and packages to cover the needs of the Initiative
• Ensure technical quality and alignment to strategy for proposals developed under the Initiative
• Support identification and prioritization of funding needs for the Initiative
• Help identify new funding opportunities
• Prepare high quality project proposals, including for public sector partnerships, with future project managers.
• Act as Initiative gatekeeper for proposal submission and provide regular updates to relevant colleagues
• Ensure consistency to donor commitments, by directly managing or supporting management of projects, the high quality, and timely implementation of projects funded under the Initiative.
3. To provide the network, donors and supporters relevant monitoring and evaluation information and progress updates on the High Impact Initiative:
• Extract relevant HII monitoring and reporting information, and produce in formats suitable for various donor and supporter audiences
• Ensure the preparation of High Impact Initiative bi-annual Initiative Report and other internal and external reports required to demonstrate the progress and impact of the Initiative
• In addition, the Manager will be expected to represent the Initiative internally and externally at the request of the HII Leader, particularly with regard to fundraising, and will need to perform various duties as part of the core team of the Initiative as requested.
• A University Degree with related academic and professional background in the field related to nature conservation, biological/social sciences, and/or project planning and management
• At least 5 years of working experience, preferably in nature conservation project implementation and management
• Proven experience and success in fundraising for conservation projects
• Sound experience in the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Schemes and familiarity with WWF approaches
• Good interpersonal and management skills, versatile and able to work in a team as well as independently
• Experience in project design and financial management skills
• Competent in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint; able to use appropriate technology for presentation to partners, stakeholders and potential donors
• Excellent command of English and Mandarin(written and oral).
The WWF Network Executive Team has approved a High Impact Initiative to Close Asia’s Ivory Markets, as part of the Wildlife and Markets Practices. The objective of the Initiative is to ensure that, by 2022, China and related ivory markets are closed, effective enforcement and implementation is in place, demand for ivory among Chinese consumers is significantly reduced, and there is a positive catalytic impact for closure of ivory markets across Asia. The Initiative will be led by WWF China on behalf of the Practices and the WWF Network.
The purpose of this job is to develop and implement a resourcing plan for the implementation of WWF’s High Impact Initiative Closing Asia’s Ivory Markets, and provide other coordination and support as needed.
Please send your resume and a cover letter (in both Chinese and English) to: email@example.com.
Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.