Program Officer, Markets
Title: Program Officer, Markets (项目专员，市场绿色转型)
Reports to: Practice Manager, Markets
This position will be supporting the project management and implementation with a focus on food area especially in soft commodities (Palm oil, Soy and beef). This will include:
• Day-to-day coordination of key activities under the WWF-China strategy on soft commodities, including providing support to the implementation and operation of different initiatives primarily in soy, meat and support in palm oil.
• Support colleagues to coordinate and engage with project stakeholders including facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings to help foster new commitments and activity to deliver impact at scale.
• Work with project personnel, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, and regular reporting as required.
• Liaise and collaborate with WWF global network and other players to ensure regional and global connections (e.g. join commodity working group calls as required; support with WWF-China engagement on commodity scorecards).
• Support in reviewing and finetuning processes of project strategy.
• Knowledge building and management in focal area and work with communication team the project oriented public communication materials and tools.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Support in opportunity exploration proposal development for new potential projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor or above. Preferably with some background knowledge with sustainability issue.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience, working experience in food relevant companies or projects etc. is preferred.
• Good coordination, project management and communication skills.
• Good communication skills (spoken, reading and written in English and Chinese).
• High level of competence in project management, partnership development, attention to details and adherence to deadlines.
• Self-motivated, output-oriented to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent ability to work cross-culturally and inter-personal skills.
• Good teamwork spirit, open minded and have strategic thinking.
WWF has been working hard to create a harmonious co-prosperity between human beings and nature, and has cultivated for many years in the sustainable supply chain of agricultural commodities such as soybeans, palm oil, beef, seafood, food waste, etc. While at the same time, under the broader dimension of market transformation, we are promoting a broader green transformation of supply chains and more efficient use of resources in the food sector as well as others. To drive change among Chinese stakeholders, which is important in a global context, WWF works through many collaborative platforms and initiatives, such as the China Sustainable Meat Declaration, China Sustainable Palm Oil Alliance, etc. These platforms will play a key role in facilitating joint effort and mass market movement for a number different stakeholders in China and globally.
This position will report to the Programme Manager, Markets of WWF China and work closely with the rest of the Markets team in WWF China. At the same time this position will be required to maintain regular contact with key staff in other team of WWF China, including but not limited to forest, governance, finance, communication and administration, as well as the global markets and food teams in the network. Externally will need to keep Regular interactions with project partners, government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.