Program Manager, Markets
Title: Program Manager, Markets (项目经理，市场绿色转型)
Reports to: Program Manager, Markets
As part of the Ocean Plastic team, the No Plastic in Nature Manager supports the Practice Head and Senior Manager to reduce plastic pollution in our oceans and works in partnership with individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce marine plastic pollution entering our waterways.
• Lead the engagement with related stakeholders (with government, enterprises, civil society) that are critical for waste management (especially plastic) and reducing the leakage to nature in China.
• Lead the implementation of the four pillars of the project, namely global policy, plastic smart city pilots, business model innovation and scientific study with support and supervision from the Practice Head and Senior Manager.
• Support the Practice Head and Senior Manager for successful implementation and development of the project,especially support the project development on strategic partners and donors network.
• Taking relative responsibility for project, activities and subordinate staff in multi-stakeholders engagement in sustainable consumption to implement strategy of Ocean Plastic team.
• Ensure good management and implementation projects.
• Support the Practice Head and Senior Manager to develop and implement related projects or project activities.
• Other duties as requested by the Practice Head and Senior Manager.
• Master or relevant degree in related area is preferred.
• At least 5 years workexperiences.
• Excellent communicator, strongwork ethic, the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Detail-focused, enthusiastic,ambitious and self-motivated.
• Strong professionalpresentation skills and good problem solving abilities.
• Computer experience inMicrosoft Office.
• Good communication skills,communicate effectively and efficiently.
• Proficiency in Mandarin andEnglish.
• Adaptive to frequent fieldtravel.
• Dynamic, creative, proactive,credible, accountable and outgoing personality and commitment to natureconservation.
This is for reduction ofplastic pollution to oceans from China under WWF China Priority Project –Sustainable Consumption. The Senior Program Officer needs to closely work withthe team members of the Priority Project internally and approach externalpartners and targeted stakeholders. Furthermore the Senior Program Officer willclosely contact with donors/funding agencies, government officials, researchinstitutions and universities. And the program officer needs to frequentlycontact with other agencies and offices in WWF network for projects of plasticpollution reduction and other projects associated with city engagement forsustainable consumption as well as media agencies.