Senior Program Officer, Wildlife
Title: Senior Program Officer,Wildlife (高级项目专员，物种)
Reports to: Deputy Practice Head, Wildlife
• Work with Director of PandaProgramme for the development, implementation and delivery of the programmestrategies, policy advocacy and activities according to WWF panda programmestrategy and ongoing programme framework.
• Work with the team to strengthenand develop the relationships with high level policy makers on panda andhabitat conservation to augment WWF’s engagement in decision making process andbroaden WWF’s policy advocacy channel and platform.
• Work with the team in preparingstrategies, workplan/budgets, reports and communication materials, implementingproject activities, and summarizing the best practices for policy advocacy tomeet the programme overall goal and objectives.
• Work with the team in enhancingthe programme’s impact through multiple approaches including strengtheningpublic engagement, corporate engagement and collaboration with partners.
• Responsible for the projectimplementation of relevant components to ensure the activities and the outputsare in alignment with the workplan and M&E plan.
• Assist in enhancing theeffective interactions with different level of policy makers to disseminateWWF’s demonstrated work and enhance WWF engagement in policy making process onconservation.
• Responsible for coordinatingthe project communication activities with WWF network offices.
• Responsible for programmeexchange, workshop, visits, donor activities, communication & fundraisingcampaign coordination and organization in the project areas.
• Perform other tasks designatedby the supervisor.
• At least Bachelor degree inconservation management or relevant discipline. A master degree or above is anadvantage.
• At least 5-8 years experiencesin relevant field. At least 3-5 years experiences will be considered forOfficer.
• Strong project management andfacilitation skills.
• Extensive knowledge of pandaconservation past and now in China, good sense of working with differentstakeholder groups of conservation in China.
• Excellent team player, abilityto respect and work with people with different background.
• Excellent communication skills,excellent verbal and written skills in both English and Chinese.
• Adapted to frequent travel inthe project areas.
• Self-motivated and fastlearner, ability to work under pressure and meet the deadline.
• Strong computer skills,knowledge and experience in design is an advantage.
• A high degree of personalintegrity and commitment to conservation.
This is for WWF China’s GiantPanda Program which has a long working history of nearly 40 years in the pandadistribution areas across Sichuan, Gansu and Shaanxi provinces. The positionwill directly report to the director of GPP. It is expected that the positioncan support the director in understanding and monitoring the overall situationof the project and can support the other work, including innovative projectactivities implementation and public engagement as well as corporateengagement, through joining the different task forces. This position requires frequentlycontact with project financial officer and communication staff and donors,government officials, research institutions and universities. Last but notleast, this position also requires frequent travel to the project areas inSichuan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the coverletter.