Senior Program Officer, Green Finance
Title: Senior Program Officer, Green Finance (高级项目官员，绿色金融)
Reports to: Practice Head, C&E and Green Finance
• Drive goals of the Climate & Energy, Green Finance Practice by successful deployment of bankable Renewable Energy projects in China and other southern countries and mobilization of resources for the Green Finance Practice.
• Manage project pool of potential bankable projects coordinating with government stakeholders in partner countries and China to assess bank ability, deployment period, associated supportive policies, project structure and technology providers, prioritizing high-potential projects and driving them towards expedited deployment.
• Working across governments, private sector stakeholders, financiers and country teamsto match project parameters to technology providers and financing organizations (including funds and banks), and develop technical structures supporting project deployment.
• Lead and support development of proposals, presentations, and technical papers forbankable project financing, pitching to governments and private sector stakeholders and financiers, for resource mobilization efforts associated with bankable projects (financing) and program development (grants).
• Supportthe development and implementation of one or multiple component(s) / workstream(s) within a related Practice program and provides technical input todeliver a portfolio of services under the guidance of a supervisor.
• University degree (Master preferred) in finance / economics, public policy, internationaldevelopment, engineering, business administration and / or other related disciplines related to project development in developing counties.
• At least 3 year work experience of professional experience in project managementand financing, and 1-2 years of international experience with a public orprivate sector preferred.
• Documented experience of financial/business models for the deployment of capitalurban/energy/infrastructure projects, sustainable renewable energy resources,mini-grids and off-grid electrification, sustainable cities.
• Technical understanding of specific policies, regulations and market barriers as applicable to on-grid and off-grid renewable energy in a developing countrycontext; and up-to-date knowledge of global technology trends in clean-techmarkets.
• Experience in managing projects and budgets across project cycles and reporting against log frames and budgets.
• Experience of working in the context of multicultural teams.
• Fluent English speaking/writing.
• Basic competency of project management.
• Adaptive to travel.
This is for Climate & Energy, Green Finance Practice under WWF China Conservation Program.
Program Senior Officer needs to frequently contact with project financial officer and other WWF China teams. And also needs to occasionally contact with communication staff when needed.
Furthermore, Program Senior Officer will closely contact with donors/funding agencies, government officials, banks and financial institutions in China and around the world. And the Program Senior Officer needs to frequently contact with other agencies and offices in WWF network.